Wednesday, June 11, 2008

'my giddy aunt'

Eileen & Mickey

Following on from my previous post, I thought of this photo & how well it fitted with the idea of teddy-daemons, I wrote of there.

This is/was my aunt who I mentioned in that article (sorry about picture quality) with her beloved toy

Many years ago I gave her this toy mouse as a gift. She instantly adored him & called him Mickey. When she & my uncle went away on holiday she would laughingly hide him so that if they were robbed he would not be stolen. She would even talk to him. She was not 'mentally challenged' but she had somehow retained much of the enthusiasm & joy of youth.

I am now working on the next installment of the Sacrifice, it's has veered off in a direction I was not expecting, but that is fine. However I feel strongly that this image of my aunt is a special link between it & my previous post - as such I declare my aunt & her energy a designated 'pin-up' for the years 1914 - 1918.

We surely have every right to re-write the past instead of swallowing down the pig swill of historical 'fact' - try pronouncing the word fact with a long 'A' sound - go on...

You get faked.